Sunday, February 5, 2012

My New Pet!

First, I would like you to meet my new pet hamster Peanut. He is a male Roborovski dwarf hamster. There are different kinds of Roborrovski hamsters. Peaunut is a Aguti dwarf hamster and he is only 6 months old. They are very fast, active, and love to play and exercize. These breeds are located in the Gobi desert in Russia.


Peanut has an older brother named Rocky. Rocky is very fat. He is my sister's hamster. Sometimes they don't get along together and fight. When that happens we need to separate them for a little while so they can get over it.




If you decide to get this breed of hamsters you might want to get a big house, water, food, wood chews, balls, treats, bedding, and finally a little house so it can sleep in.






Do you have a hamster?
If yes, what kind do you have?

5 comments:

  1. Dear Nick,

    What a fabulous post about your pet hamster, Peanut! I must say, hamsters are cute! Did you take the photo of the two of them? I love the way they are huddled next to each other.

    How interesting that these hamsters are found in the Gobi Desert.

    I'm curious, what do you feed Peanut? Is Peanut an herbivore, a carnivore, or an omnivorous? Also, are they nocturnal?

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Yollis,

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog!

    I did not take the picture of both of them because they do not sit still.

    I feed Peanut dried food including: corn, sunflower seeds, hamster treats, and much more.

    Both Peanut and Rocky are herbivores,they are also nocturnal. We need to put them in another room at night time because they make a lot of noise when they go on the plastic wheel located in their cages.


    Sincerely,
    Nick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear nick,
    my name is eloise hawker, i am hoping to be getting a dwarf hamster. it would live in my room, do you think it would be very loud. someone told me that you can train them to sleep atnight if you play with them in the day? plz could you give me some advice! i was always going to call mine princess oeanut so i guess we have somthing in common!

    eloise :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear elosie
      i don't suggest u do because if u have friends over a radio or any electrical equipment then i don't require it but it won't also be a problem for the hamster also for u because they do smell and make a lot of noise!!

      biers girl 121

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete