Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Frogs and Tadpoles

Saturday on spring break, I went to Franklin Canyon Park with my grandparents, my cousin, and my sister. The park is a nature park where you can see real animals in the wild that are from our state. Also there is a little museum where you can see diagrams of the animals , and you can see the homes that they make.



After we visited the museum, we went for a walk and we saw a gutter in the distance, as we got closer to it , we saw some little black creatures. My sister shouted out "tadpoles!" At that moment I was lucky to find an empty jar in my grandma's car, and filled it in with some water , then I grabbed some tadpoles with my hands and put them in the jar. I caught six tadpoles that day!

I moved on and started walking up this steep mountain, because there was a stream, and we wanted to know what was there. While I was holding the jar of tadpoles my sister lead the way. When we finally got to the stream, we saw two fat and big frogs on a log. There were a lot of little logs on the shore, so my grandmother picked up one of the logs and put it next to the log that had the frog so I can get on it to catch the frog.
Unfortunately I was not quick enough, the frog escaped into the stream.



When the exciting day was over I went home and made a habitat for the creatures to live in. A month later one tadpole turned into a little frog! :)




Do you have tadpoles or frogs as pets?
Have you ever been to Franklin Canyon Park?

No comments:

Post a Comment